Held every year since 1986, the Northeast Tionól is a weekend of classes, workshops, and concerts focusing on the Irish uilleann pipes and fiddle.
The 2016 Northeast Tionól will be held on October 22-24, 2016, at Gavin’s Resort in East Durham, New York. We’ll post details here in the spring and summer of 2016.
Instructors for 2016
We’re thrilled to announce our instructors for the 2016 Northeast Tionól!
- Isaac Alderson
- Tom Creegan
- Eamonn Dillon
- Kara Doyle
- Tommy Keane
- Benedict Koehler
- Éanna Ó Cróinín
- Michael Stribling
- Jim Wenham
- John Carty
- Patrick Ourceau
We’ll post instructor bios, photos, and links to sound samples and videos later this spring. Registration will open in July.
Prices for 2016
Due to higher costs for airfares and visa processing fees (for our non-US instructors), we’ve had to increase our registration fees slightly this year. Note that registration fees do not include accommodations and meals at Gavin’s; those details are provided below.
Onlline registration will open in July.
- Early Bird (if you register before August 15): $150
- Regular Registration (if you register between August 16 and September 30): $170
- On-Site Registration (online registration closes starting October 1): $190
Accommodations and Meals at Gavins
- Two nights (Friday, Saturday): Shared room: $199 per person. Solo occupancy: $398. Includes 9 meals beginning with Friday night dinner and ending with Monday morning breakfast.
- Three nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday): Shared room: $269 per person, solo occupancy: $538. Includes 6 meals beginning with Friday night dinner and ending with Sunday morning breakfast.
Packages include service charges for housekeepers and wait staff. NY 8% sales tax is additional.
Meal rates for daytime guests are: $9.95 for breakfast; $12.95 for lunch and $21.95 for dinner.
If you’re going to stay at Gavin’s, you need to make reservations directly with them. Gavin’s usually sells out by August, so don’t wait too long to book your room! We’ll add a roommates and transportation-sharing post to our blog so you can find a roommate or shared transportation if you need it.
If you’d like to make a donation to the tionól, please use the link below. Thank you! Donations are tax-deductible. We will send you a receipt for your records.
If you’d like to join our email list to receive occasional announcements and updates, please click here.
The Northeast Tionól would like to acknowledge with appreciation the support we’ve received (financial and otherwise) over the years from Na Píobarí Uilleann. The tionól has also received support from Culture Ireland.