Held every year since 1986, the Northeast Tionól is a weekend of classes, workshops, and concerts focusing on the Irish uilleann pipes and fiddle.
The 2013 Northeast Tionól will be held on October 18-21, 2013, at Gavin’s Resort in East Durham, New York.
Online registration for the 2013 Tionól will open on July 1; if you’re on our email list you’ll get a message when registration is available.
We’re excited to announce the instructors for the 2013 Tionól!
- Michael Cooney
- Eamonn Dillon
- Sean Gavin
- Emmett Gill
- Brian McNamara
- Kieran O’Hare
- Benedict Koehler
- Patrick Ourceau
- Jesse Smith
We’ll post instructor bios, photos, and links to sound and video clips later this spring.
Online registration for the tionól will open on July 1, 2013. In the meantime, to help you plan, we’ve listed the registration fees below. The registration fee cover all classes, workshops (including reedmaking), and the concert Saturday night.
- If you register online between July 1-August 15: $120
- If you register online between August 16-September 30: $140
- After September 30 we will close online registration and you’ll have to register on-site, which is $160.
- Individual workshops for people who aren’t registering for the tionól: $30 per workshop if registering online; after September 30 you’ll need to sign up for workshops on-site at $40 each.
The Northeast Tionól takes place at Gavin’s Resort in East Durham, New York. Accommodations are not included in the registration for the Tionól; you must reserve and pay for your room directly with Gavin’s. Reserve early (call Gavin’s at 518-634-2582), as they always sell out! There are other motels in the area, and we’ll list them here once all the rooms at Gavin’s are gone.
Gavin’s prices are shown below. Note that the prices for single-occupancy rooms has increased this year; prices for double-occupancy rooms remain the same.
- Friday-Sunday Double Occupancy Package: $189.00 per person
- Friday-Sunday Single Occupancy Package: $378.00 per person
- Friday-Monday Double Occupancy Package: $259.00 per person
- Friday-Monday Single Occupancy Package: $518.00 per person
- Breakfast: $9.95; Lunch: $10.95 and Dinner: $21.95
If you’d like to join our email list to receive occasional announcements and updates, please click here.
You can order t-shirts and other merchandise from our cafepress site. We’ll post information about our 2013 t-shirt design when it’s ready!
The Northeast Tionól would like to acknowledge with appreciation the support we’ve received (financial and otherwise) over the years from Na Píobarí Uilleann. The 2012 tionól also received support from Culture Ireland.